Demon Veil – Rainbow Six Siege Year 7 Season 1 kicks off today. A new Japanese operator – Azami – and a new game mode – Team Deathmatch – are coming this season, and players are free to try both during this free play week from March 17 to March 24, 2022.
Meet Azami – the deadly defender of Demon Veil
Players will meet Azami, Rainbow Six Siege’s new Defender Operator. Equipped with the revolutionary Kiba Barrier gimmick, his disposable canisters deploy an expandable material that solidifies into a bulletproof surface, allowing him to quickly repair holes in walls and floors, providing a more mobile and versatile defensive approach.
The new map introduced in Demon Veil is Emerald Plains – the first map to be introduced to the game in three years. The map, which is set in Ireland, will arrive later this season. Fans will be able to play the new Team Deathmatch game mode on all maps, including Emerald Plains upon release. Team Deathmatch was created to explore the perfect environment for players to warm up before competitive matches, as well as to provide a more relaxed gaming experience in Rainbow Six Siege. The game mode is a permanent addition to Rainbow Six Siege and will be a great introduction for new players to get a feel for Operators before using them in more competitive environments.
Demon Veil also includes the following gameplay and quality of life updates:
- Match Replay for Console Players – The much-needed Match Replay and Spectator Mode that is available for PC players is now also available for console players.
- Goyo and Valkyrie Balance Updates – Goyo and Valkyrie have been reworked to help them become more competitive.
- Attacker Repick – allows attackers to switch operators and loadouts during the preparation phase, allowing attackers to use gathered information and adjust their strategy. The match header has also been updated to help make informed decisions when changing operators or loading. Attacker Repick is available for Quick Match, Unranked, Ranked, and Pro League playlists.
- Exclusive Elite skin for Nomad
- Phone number required to play ranked
- New R6Fix Incentive Program
Demon Veil kicks off Year 7 of Rainbow Six Siege. Alongside today’s launch, Ubisoft is unveiling the Year 7 roadmap for competition and content. Each season is themed around a country, with Season 1 themed Japan. Season 2 introduces a Brazilian operator and the shooting range; Operator Singapore from Season 3, rated 2.0, and a new competitive map, and Colombia on Season 4 with the promise of cross-platform play and cross-progression, as well as a permanent arcade mode.
Find out what the future holds for Siege with this Year 7 roadmap! pic.twitter.com/LN7fyBDZm2
—Rainbow Six Siege (@Rainbow6Game) February 23, 2022
Players will be able to purchase the Demon Veil Year Pass and Premium Year Pass for exclusive content, which includes 14-day early access to new Operators before they launch, as well as four Seasonal Battle Passes that will be released this year coinciding with each season.
Rainbow Six Siege looks really lively this year, and it’s very reassuring that R6 is alive and well. This year’s esports season is also already underway, you can find out more here. R6 Siege remains one of the most competitive esports games in the world today, and it’s always interesting to see how the pros will use their new operators, tools, and maps to their advantage. We are very eager to find out.